Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LX90 Motor unit Fault

Hi

I hope someone here can help me. Last night I experienced the sinking feeling of the dreaded Motor Unit Fault on my Lx90 8' LNT. I have the old style Autosar with the current firmware installed.

The scope wont slew up but slews down and left and right. I tried calabrate motors it did not move up or down. I have swapped autostar cables, changed battery, changed buttons for up to down, reinstalled the firmware. Obviously no obstruction and the Alt and Dec clamp are not over tightened. Now I am coming to the conclusion that opening it up is going to have to be the next step.

As I am not at a electronicly minded, if the worst comes to the worst, can Meade Scopes be looked at and repaired this side of the Atlantic or do they have to go back to the factory in California.

Kind regards

dbran

Sorry to hear about the failure

As I am not at a electronicly minded, if the worst comes to the worst, can Meade Scopes be looked at and repaired this side of the Atlantic or do they have to go back to the factory in California.

Steve Collingwood at Telescope House is the man to talk to.

• 8 years later...

If I have understood your post, you have tried the setting that reverses the North - South buttons. 

Then the North button should now slew the scope down. 

If it does that then you've proved the handset N S buttons both work. 

If it doesn't the handset or cabling is faulty. 

Now, if the mount still doesn't slew North with the South button, then the problem is in the mount. 

Have you tried gotos that would require a North slew in Dec? 

Also Steve C. has his own company now, Sctelescopes.com 

Michael