NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with Double Cluster

I took these subs last night, I have 21 x 1 minute at ISO 1600 plus darks and bias.

Stacked in DSS and then processed in PS.

There is definitely some vignetting going on and I think that is down to the draw tube in the Equinox being 160mm long and using a large sensor in the shape of an EOS 1000D, I have a shorter one that came with the scope which should solve that but if its not down to the draw tube then I'm not sure.

I'm still struggling with being able to pull out the detail and keep the background dark. I'm quite please with the colour of the stars.

Here is a link to the full version, double_cluster, but I will upload one here aswell.

Any help gratefully received, I'm considering buying Noels actions, would these help me out at all?

post-17668-133877476869_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the re-worked image. I've been doing a bit of digging around on the net and found some ways to balance the background properly and start getting the star colour in there. Hopefully I'll have something to post tonight in the DSO section.

Archived