Eye piece set

So i've been thinking about getting some new eyepieces and a barlow to go with my skywatcher 130p and came across this on FLO. Eyepiece Sets - Celestron Eyeopener Eyepiece and Filter Kit

It contains five superior plossl eye pieces, a 2x barlow, 6 colour filters and a moon filter. What i want to know is if this is a good set or am i better off buying 1 or 2 higher quality eyepieces and barlow to match? If so could you recommend any?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

I have the Revelation Photo/Visual set from FLO (ask about your SGL discount) which is brilliant. A flight case containing various Plossl eyepieces, including a lovely wide 32mm.

I haven't used or seen the celestron ones you mention, but these eyepieces are much better than the standard skywatcher eyepieces and, from a beginners viewpoint (me!), I recommend them.

Best,

Mike

Hi Daniel,

I think you'll be very pleased with that set of eyepieces. There's plenty in that set to get on with for a long time to come! (And they're noticably better than the standard Skywatcher eyepieces too).

Archived