NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ tune up and possible synscan upgrade help (Wales)

I'm currently experiencing a few issues with my old Rajiva modded EQ6 and being as i'm struggling like hell to find anything using my finder scope other than some of the more obvious sights, i've decided I may have to plunge and go for and upgrade.

One of the things I was wondering is if there was anyone who is local to Ebbw Vale who has experience with EQ6 mounts and would, if possible, be willing to have a look at it, it may well be that i'm being an idiot but i've noticed some slop and lack of movement when continually pressing controller pad a x16 slew on any axis, even though i can hear the motors going.

I am thinking a goto option and upgraded slew rate will help me make the most of my time, what little I get...but fitting it all and getting this lot set up properly is something im not too comfortable doing.

Anyhow, if there is anyone, I don't mind paying for fuel and supplying cuppa's.....then please let me know.

Cheers.

Chris.

Have had a chat to a friend of mine, i've decided, upon ordering the synscan upgrade, to strip the mount nextweek after viewing astro-baby's cracking guide :p

Quick question on grease if anyone can help?

Cromwell Industrial Tools UK: WG90 WHITE GREASE WITH PTFE AEROSOL 500ml : ACN-732-8330K

Is this any good? for what I am wanting?

I don't mind paying out for decent grease, would prefer to only have to do it once if possible lol.

Cheers.

Chris.

Archived