NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

more help required please

like most of us i magine, i'm finding money a little tight but i would like some better eyepieces so which 3 budget eyepieces would you recommend for a nexstar 5. I have a 25mm which is ok but my 17mm and 12mm are fairly pants. for those who dont know the nexstar 5 its a 125mm aparture 1250mm focal length f10 sct thanks in advance for your help

Much depens on what you want to look at and crucially how budget is budget ?

I'd guess with a the Nexstar 5 yould want something around 7mm for high power and something around 15-17mm for medium. Plus perhaps a 32mm for widefield.

The Vixen NPLs are quite nice though they are a bit plasticky. The views are good with the two I have used. Color and contrast are nice.

Baader Hyperions come up at around £55 and they may be an improvement but may be more than you want to spend.

The SKywatcher Extraflats are reputed to be very good for the wider angle stuff - I had a look through one last year at SSP and the view was rather good. That was with a 5SE as well as I recall. They are around the £50 mark as well.

I imagine we are talking 1.25" here and not 2".

I have the nexstar 4SE and find the Baader Hyperions work quite well with it.

Archived