NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Adjustable Brightness Polarscope Illuminator

Psychobilly

I decide to make something up for the EQ3 Pro

It runs from a 9V PP3 has a brightness control with on/off switch and costs around £10-12 including £3 for the battery dependign on how muck you want to spend on the knob...

FW44 47K linear Switched Pot

BZ72 ABS Box

HF28 PP3 Battery Clip

L46AL PP3 Battery

WL27 5mm Standard LED

M22K 22k Metal Film Resistor

N50HU Black Zip Wire

psychobilly-albums-public-picture5910-polarscope-illuminator-finished.jpg

psychobilly-albums-public-picture5909-polarscope-illuminator-components.jpg

I'll add the circuit once I have drawn it..

psychobilly-albums-public-picture5912-illuminated-polarscope-circuit.jpg

Peter...

I'll try out the brightness and work out what the series resistor needs to be.. i think it may be a bit too bright with the 22k possibly needs to be higher

There was another member thinking of making something similar in another thread - rather let him have first dibs on making them.. indeed Tophouse has linked to the other thread and he's the member who was going to make them...

Could be made cheaper if the components were bought elsewhere as maplin tend to be a bit expensive...it's just they are on the estate so they were convenient for an "impulse" project...

Peter...

Got my parts ordered, for a number of these, I reckon the bits will be here by monday so monday evening at some point I'll put a pic or two up. (if the parts arrive lol) strangel numbers but almost all my parts are in 5's for cheapest price.

Archived