NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW Collimation

Just a couple of quick questions: -

When collimating a SW 200, I'm assuming that the tilt of the primary is contolled by the three recessed allen bolts and not the phillips screws?

Does anyone know the size of the allen key to fit these bolts? I seem to have every other size, but not one to fit!

Thanks!

Yes - and check collimation when tightening the locking screws. These dont need a lot of force they just need to be against the mirror cell. Check collimation as you do them up to make sure they dont push the primary out of whack.

ps - cant tell you the size - I had a mixed bag of allen keys and one just fitted but its not marked on the key what size it is and I dont have a micrometer to measure it at the mo - (makes mental note to get new one on order).

Alrighty! All done. Neighbour has about 100 different sized allen keys so got the right one. Slackened the locking screws, collimated nicely then inched the locking screws back into place, with one eye on my laser.

All perfectly done now. Cheers for all the help! Cue cloud cover!

Archived