NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filters

I have a M25C Starlightxpress camera I was told a filter would help my imageing,When I was at Richie Jarvis I borrowed a Neodymium filter which gave me a better image then I was getting be for with my camera, I have been told that a UV&IR filter is better,Can some one tell me which one I should buy.

Stephen

I wouldn't buy any filter for it unless you have a specific purpose in mind! For example, a Hutech IDAS LP filter would be great for light pollution but any other filter should be bought and used specifically - what are you hoping to achieve with your filter purchase?

An IR filter is normally built in to any good astro specific filter, for example LRGB sets of LP filters. As you have a OSC an LRGB filter doesn't have any use for you! Stars emit in the IR range and your M25C will be sensitive to this light so if you have no other filters in line then an IR filter on its own will help to alleviate some star bloat. This advertising article may be of interest.

Archived