Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd mount advice

Starting to think about Kelling this Sept and have decided I can't be bothered to strip down my observatory based EM200 again. Also would like a 2nd imaging capable mount for portable use but capable of handling my 10" LX200R.

For imaging I prefer to control the mount from a laptop but I will also be using for visual and I would prefer a handset for that. So I want both options!

The 2 mounts I'm thinking about are the CGEM and an EQ6 pro. Does anyone know if the CGEM can be used from a laptop. I'm sure there must be an ASCOM driver but does anyone have any experience.

What is the best way of setting up an EQ6 for use with both a laptop and a handset (doesn't have to be at the same time!)

Finally, any thoughts on the performance of the 2 mounts. The CGEM is more expensive, is it worth the extra?

Archived