Skyhawk Sky Watcher 114 set up

Hello everyone

I have just been given a Sky Watcher AZ Goto 1145P today for my birthday and apart from setting it up on the tripod that is as far as I have got.

Firstly - I have set this up in the day time and when looking across the fields from where I live in Scotland I zoomed in to the isle of Arrann about 20 miles away. Although the image is crystal clear everything is upside down in the viewfinder and through the lens.

Can you tell me if this is correct or have I set it up wrong??

Secondly - During setting up the handset it asks me to put in my longitude and latitude co-ordinates. I think I have put these in correctly but is there a way of checking please?

Thank you

Happy birthday.

Reflector telescopes give an inverted image, this is not a problem when used for astronomy. To find your longitude and latitude put your postcode in Multimap and your coordinates will appear below the map. Arran, for example came out as 55' 36N, 5' 15" W. In your handset these would be put in as 005 15 W, 55 36 N.

Peter

Archived