Hi everyone. First time post!

Hello everyone. I have just registered and am a long time astronomer. Forum looks nice. No bright white screens. Easy on the eyes. That I like that :)

I am wanting to buy a Astro Tech 111EDT Apo Refractor. However, I need to find out a golden number for it. The Maximum in-focus. The only thing is, Astronomics/Astro-tech have only the manual and specs for the older, discontinued scope. The newer one, I am told has different specs, tube length, focusser and all. They have also told me that at the moment, they do not have this information to hand, and have suggested I speak to a distributor or owner of the newer, lighter version of the AT111EDT. Altair Astro, do not have the scope in-stock and are back-ordered with Astro Tech. So could be waiting a long time.

Is there anyone on this forum that owns the newer, lighter version of the Astro Tech 111EDT Apo refractor that I can ask :rolleyes:

High John. Thanks for the welcome. Yes. I have bought from SCS Astro before, but have checked also their site, and they do not list the AT111EDT, only the smaller versions. Unfortunatetly, Kieron would be in same boat as me. Astro-tech do not have this information to hand. So only a personal owner would, who could be kind enough to perform a measurement themselves. Lets hope others chip in to who might own one. Thanks again.

Welcome to SGL :rolleyes:

I have been looking at these scopes as well, they do look good and sell for a very reasonable price.

Cannot help you though, just wanted to say welcome.

Archived