My First Real Observation

So I went on a little adventure last night. And after about an hour of searching I found it … Bass Pro Shop. I had no intention on buying anything, but I did. I got a 20x60mm Redfield Rampage Spotting Scope. When I got back to the rig I couldn’t help but notice the moon sitting there all nice, big and pretty. So I tore open the box through the owners manual aside and ran outside pointed it at the moon. I was awestruck by what I saw, I had no clue that it would have that much detail, I could see every little crater and mountain (I guess those were mountains) that was on the moon. Even the guy that I’m working with was awestruck. He said he knew people with telescope that wasn’t that good. I wanted to see what else I can see about it was a little cloudy so where wasn’t much else out last night. But tonight is another night and hopefully the clouds won’t be here. I’m not sure what all I’ll be able see with it. Hopefully I can see something else with it other than the moon.

Chris

Nice one Chris and welcome to the group :rolleyes:

Get yourself down to EMS dark site (I notice you just joined us) on Sat night around 9pm - we'll show you what to look at and you can get a peek thru a couple of other scopes to compare.

All the best.

Archived