Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield Cygnus & Lyra feat. Milky Way

Taken last night, not ideal as it was the longest amount of daylight.

Images taken around midnight, 5 lots of exposures of varying times from 2 minutes to 4 minutes, all at ISO 400.

Tweaking in DSS needs some attention.

Enjoy.

post-13839-133877457431_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Mount is in my signature (NEQ6 Pro, powered by a Celestron Powertank) and the lens is the standard stock lens that came with the Canon EOS 450D, think its a 18-55mm lens. Only had it zoomed in by about 1/8th to cut out the house and trees.

Manually focussed using the LiveView feature on the camera, going to have another go at processing it see if I can grab some more detail from the Milky Way, I needed more subs though but I was in need of bed and didn't wanna wake the rents up.

Alter the aperture that the lens was set to..

Often the sweet spot of a lens is with it stopped down a bit ... as an example I use the 50mm f1.8 at f4 which give much better star shapes in the corners of the image...

The stars look very good edge to edge in the image so i wonderd if it had been stopped down...

Peter...

Thanks man, if it stays clear tonight then I'll give it another go....maybe around 2am.

I collimated it last night and the stars look pretty sexy as a result. This time I managed not to drop the secondary onto the primary when adjusting the screws!

Archived