NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 2nd DSO, M57 1st attempt

acharris77

Hi all, with the weather, light skies and little problemsthe goto with my scope last night I decided to get out with the scope now I got it reasonably sorted out, so I setup goto, check tracking was OK and swung the scope to M57 to have a look visually at it, as it is my 1st time I seen it with a scope.

So I decide to get the 840k sc1 out and decide to try and image it. Using 16 x 15 sec subs I got the following result:

acharris77-albums-my-pictures-picture5411-m57-20-06-2010.jpg

I wish I had better darks, as mine had a lot of hot pixels. Used DSS to stack, then CS 4 to tweak a little. Got some 20 secs I want to look at tonight as well. Thanks.

Thanks for comments. that is why darks are used. I did not know that, I thought it might have been something else like a too hot camera causing problem or the setting to brights. Thanks for that explanation, as at least I know now. Thanks again Peter for the explanation.

Archived