NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HI everyone,

I have recently bought a setup that comes with 2 QHY5 cameras, I can get them to both work seperately and display a picture through QGVideo QGVideo32 on the other hand doesn't work it comes up with an error QHY5VDLL.DLL was not found.

When it comes to trying to get one to work as a guide camera and the other for capture I can only get one to work, I have got guidedog which doesn't recognise any camera and comes up with no capture hardware detected and I have got PHD Guiding that recognises a camera under ascom v5 as a QHY5 cmos but doesn't display a picture or make the led on any camera come on.

I also have Redshift 6 Premium but I haven't tried that yet.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be gratefully received.

Col.

HI everyone,

I have recently bought a setup that comes with 2 QHY5 cameras, I can get them to both work seperately and display a picture through QGVideo QGVideo32 on the other hand doesn't work it comes up with an error QHY5VDLL.DLL was not found.

That's because QGVideo32 is software for the QHY5v, it won't work with the QHY5.

When it comes to trying to get one to work as a guide camera and the other for capture I can only get one to work, I have got guidedog which doesn't recognise any camera and comes up with no capture hardware detected and I have got PHD Guiding that recognises a camera under ascom v5 as a QHY5 cmos but doesn't display a picture or make the led on any camera come on.

Guidedog doesn't support the QHY5, so definitely won't connect.

Presently you can't run two QHY5 cameras, at the same time on the same PC, that need wasn't envisaged as it's not a deep sky camera. However that functionality may be added in the future.

PHD is the guiding software recommended for the QHY5, can it connect to and show the output of a single camera?

bern

That's because QGVideo32 is software for the QHY5v, it won't work with the QHY5.

Oh I didn't know it was for the QHY5v I got the software on a disk from the chap who sold me the setup so I assumed it was for the cameras

Presently you can't run two QHY5 cameras, at the same time on the same PC, that need wasn't envisaged as it's not a deep sky camera. However that functionality may be added in the future.

How do I auto guide with one camera and take pictures with the other? or do I auto guide with one and use my slr instead?

PHD is the guiding software recommended for the QHY5, can it connect to and show the output of a single camera?

PHD does recognise a camera or at least it lets me select that model but I don't get a display picure once I select it, also the led on the back doesn't come on once I select the camera from the list, am I doing something wrong with this?

Thanks, Col.

Hi Col,

Latest driver/software set is either held or linked from here: www.astrosoft.be

There's also instaltool (which uninstalls your old drivers) and a link to the latest ASCOM platform and updates. ASCOM needs to be installed and updated to use the the QHY cameras with 3rd party software like PHD.

The older drivers and plugins (for those that prefer them) are still available from http://www.qhyccd.com/astrosoftbe.html

Are you clicking on the circular arrow after the camera connects with PHD?

And yes, use the QHY5 as a guider and your DSLR as the imager, that's a much better arrangement!

bern

Hi Bern,

Fantastic! I have purged all old software and started from scratch, now when I use PHD i select the camera and press the arrow button and I get an image.

I have got the autoguide lead in the camera and the mouint, do I select the mount as "on camera"? or "ascom"?

I won't be able to test any tracking for another 4 hours or so, Is there any way I can test it before hand?

Thanks, Col.

Well done Col

Select "Mount" then "On Camera" to use the ST4 cable.

Under "Tools" click on "Manual Guide" to test movement in RA and Dec. You should be able to hear the motors start or change pitch.

Proof of the pudding is under the stars though :)

Good luck!

bern

I have done what you suggest and tried the manual guide and nothing happens, will this only work if it has a target to focus on?

I haven't had much luck with a decent clear night as yet, tonight is a little patchy so maybe later it will clear!

Archived