NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Erfle EP's

Many years ago, I managed to obtain an Erfle eyepiece.

It came from a military application, as it had the MOD Arrow stamped on it, and was enclosed in a Brass Cell. It had an 18mm focal length.

The views of the moon and planets with that EP, were simply stunning. I foolishly let it Go with a Dob. scope I had made, and for a nominal fee, although the scope did well cash wise.

I am considering getting rid of my EP's, as my observing is soon going to suffer as I about to enter the dark side.

However, I would like to buy another Erfle, and I would like someone who owns the Takahashi LE 18mm unit, to give me an appraisal of it's performance.

Thanks.

Ron.:)

I've got a nice Volcano Top ortho up for sale Peter...

I have got (when i get them back with the ETX) a complete set of Meade 4000's up to 40mm and a couple of others odd's n sods the only EP i ever use really is a 12mm illuminated reticule one ....

I buy DSLR's like others buy EP's

Peter...

Have you tried the Surplus Shed across the Pond Ron?

Surplus Shed

They have a range of reasonably priced Erfles... but wouldnt have a clue about "quality" ....

Ron going over to the Dark Side....:mad::( I'll be buying EP's next.... :icon_scratch:

Peter...

:):D. I am buying new Peter, quality should be guaranteed.

I don't think you are too entrenched in Imaging that you never eyeball some of the goodies out there. Come clean now.:)

Ron.

Archived