SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First DSO attempts (sugestions please!)

Hi Mike - Thanks for having a try at this - My "final" image of M31 is attached (processed about 3 weeks ago stacking images from 3 separate nights, including the ones used in this early session). I realised that what I really needed was a LOT more subs (and since then I've received a LOT or imaging and processing tips and assistance - Thanks to everyone who had input!).

I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters... I still haven't got a Guidecam, but I thought I'd buy one of those cheap Philips SPC880 webcams, flash it and see if it's any use for a finder guider(?)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Michael - I had a LOT of help from Cloudwatcher to get it like that (and was pointed down the right path by Steppenwolf), but I was really pleased with the result...

It was almost good enough to justify additional budget for a guidecam, but then my wife decided that she wanted some more sheets (and my daughter's laptop decided to blow!). Ho hum...

I'm gobsmacked at what they seem to be able to achieve from other people's images... with apparently such little effort!

Archived