Lots of help please

Hi there all.

I am new to the wonderful world of the skies. Went out with a mate who has a scope the other night was fantastic.

Need some help, I want to get a scope now but no idea where to start really. Been talking to my friend but thought I'd get some more advise.

Don't want to spend too much to start with but am willing to spend more on lens in the future.

So please lots of help.

Thanks

Rocket Man

SkyWatcher Skyliner 200P Parabolic Dobsonian Telescope, I think or similar to that.

Was very easy to use but little bit to £££ for my liking, as do so many things as hobbies not sure how much it would be out.

Like I say was very easy. He said about SkyWatcher Heritage 130P FlexTube Dobsonian Telescope.

And how do refractors and reflectors compare

Rocket Man

For the price you can't beat a Newtonian reflector on a Dobsonian base. The 130p is a 5" scope for £120 or there abouts (I own one and like it very much it is my travel scope) If you were to buy a 5" refractor your looking at a lot of money and you would also require a mount at extra cost.

There is no perfect scope but a Heritage 130p or even a 150 Skywatcher Skyliner would be an excellent place to start with astronomy.

Refractors are always more expensive for a good one. Newts are the way to go if your on a budget. i've got a sky watcher 150 and it's a fab scope.Mine is on an EQ mount but if you prefer a Dob they come as Dob mounted scopes for around the £200 mark. Astrophotography is a realm i've not been able to afford to indulge in cuz the tracking system is rather expensive for me right now. I'm sure someone will know about the camera tho :)

Archived