Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy podcasts

iamjulian

I know what podcasts are, but I have never tried them. Thought I would have a look just now and read that itunes is a good place to find them. I was interested to see there are quite a few astronomy related podcasts on there.

Does anyone have any experience of them. Any recommendations? Astronomy cast episode one has been downloaded and is 26 minutes long. There are currently 180 episodes available!! Could be nice to listen to while I am out with the scope.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who lnew of astronomy podcasts !!! If like me you spend most of your life on your backside driving some 50,000 miles a year they are a welcome relief from music & speech programs. They are ,in fact, brilliant and highly recommended.

Astronomy is covered as well as or even better than many other hobbies. Apart from the Jodcasts already mentioned I would suggest the Sky at Night podcasts which include episodes of the TV programs that I miss, Naked Astronomy & 365 Days of astronomy. I rarely find any of the episodes boring, they are informative, mostly in laymans terms and presented by very enthuiastic presenters from whom I have gained most of my astronomy information. After listening to these sessions during the day I can't wait to get home at night and set up the 'scopes.

Enjoy.

Archived