meet ups in Essex

do any of you other essex boys / girls meet up regularly or at all ? Basically im hoping to find a dark site where people who know a lot more than i do also meet so i can be shown some of the finer points

come to mention it - how about anyone at all from close by - doesnt have to be essex !

I'm sure there are closer clubs/societies, but you could do a lot worse than trying out the Letchworth & District Astronomical Sociery. We meet on the last Wednesday or every month (plus some a few extra mid-month meeting too) in Letchworth @ 7:30pm (I drive up from N. London - about 45mins) and have an observatory equipped with a 14" Meade LX200.

Its an active group with members of all levels of astronomical expertise from beginners to skilled observers/imagers. There are organised trips out and about - the Science Museum and RAS library coming in a few weeks and there've been 2 international eclipse trips (Turkey & China) in recent years.

We have regular observing session, public star parties and beginners' astronomy workshops and are big on promoting astronomy in the community.

You've just missed the April meeting (yesterday.. excellent presentation on the Voyager mission by Paul Money), but we've got an astronomy workshop coming up Friday week (May7th)... why not pop over and say hi :D

cheers

Paul

Federation of Astronomical Societies - Home

lists these for Essex:

Castle Point Astronomy Club

Clacton & District Astronomical Association

Havering Astronomical Society

Loughton Astronomical Society

North Essex Astronomical Society

Thurrock Astronomical Society

Could add others if your signature indicated where in Essex you were. As then ones in Herts, Suffolk, Cambridge may be relevant.

The North Essex one is at Witham (ish) and is I gather quite active.

Archived