NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Optics Limited Edition Brass Eyepiece

Hi astrofriends.Ive bougth one Limited Edition Brass Eyepiece from orion optics to a friend and i would like to know if anyone tried these eyepieces.Sadly the eyepiece has the lens all full of fungus or the optics glue has become detriorated but even so this eyepice is amazing low power and i love it,really:hello2:.

So has anyone had tried one of them and were i can this eyepieçe fixed.Ive bougth tthe eyepieçe used but i really like to get him fixed,-i love low power plossls and this one,even uncoated is simply very good.See here Eyepieces Page

I think you ought to return it for replacement.

Irrespective of being a limited edition - you still have the right to expect it to be in serviceable quality. From what I hear of Orion Optics, they'd be happy to discuss and rectify the issue for you.

Hi.A guy at cloudy nigths sayd to mi that putting the lens into the sun will be likely to kill the fungus.Im trying now that solution.The eyepieçe is lovely but a bit pricey for uncoated and unfinished eyepiçe.The meade 56mm super plossl is also cheap and is a good alternaive not mention the televue plossl 55mm eyepieçe.however the orion optics eyepiecçe is a good eyepieçe and has that uncomon feature of beeing made of brass wich gives a ancient look-a-like look..They are good.Try one and i think you wouldnt be sorry

Well,here it is the OO 55mm eyepieçe fully deassembled and ready to assemble once again.Theres minor tweks i made because teh eyepiece were heavily damaged wen it comes to my hands.Repainted him and remove the horrible black and cheap paint around the lens edge.Once all done is a small wide field swet eyepiece that can be better only if orion optics take this things more seriously

post-15100-133877443287_thumb.jpg

I have one of those. I'm afraid I found mine virtually unsable - I bought it before I realised that 1.25" eyepieces can only have a FoV as wide as the inside of their barrel - the 55mm is like looking down a narrow tube - no field stop, mushy field edges and long eye relief with nothing to guide you as to where you can put your eye.

Maybe yours is better than mine although it looks identical.

Hi jamanson.Of course youre rigth anf the FOV is limited in fact by the barrel and that is obvious wen you look trough it.As i said,49 pounds is allot for a wanabe 55mm eyepieçe but this eyepieçe has been given to mi by a friend of mine,not bougth as sayd earlier.Thi eyepieçe is more like a project,not a finished eyepiece and its a shame they are selling those without a proper finishment....Im really keen on plossls and the super plossls of meade have served mi good and i really whant to collect all of them.The 56 mm plossl seems to be a good choice.Ive had the televue 55mm and its a very fine eyepieçe to use on the C8.

Hi.Ive been comparing the OO 55mm with my cheap meade superplossl and the 55mm is really a nasty pieçe of glass,-youre rigth and besides all you sayd,this is an unfinished eyepieçe with NO coatings..its really a disaster and a waste of money.The meade 26mm is better by miles and miles.

If someone wants to buy a plossl,the money is better spent on a meade super plossl 266mm for example..and its cheaper

Cheers

carlos

I have one of those. I'm afraid I found mine virtually unsable - I bought it before I realised that 1.25" eyepieces can only have a FoV as wide as the inside of their barrel - the 55mm is like looking down a narrow tube - no field stop, mushy field edges and long eye relief with nothing to guide you as to where you can put your eye.

Maybe yours is better than mine although it looks identical.

You´re right.They make amazing scopes(astonishing mirrors),-one of the best on the market and these thinks arent good for them and a waste of money for us.These eyepieçes are a nonsense.

A good wekend for you all and clear skyes astrofrieds.

carlos

Archived