M101 still struggling...

ollypenrice

M101 - a pig this time! over 8 hrs in the OSC gave a feeble result and in the end I only used it selectively on the background sky. (I think it was cos I was stuck with 5 mn subs those nights. The EQ6 was not on top form. Roll on the EM200 which is probably stuck under volcanic ash en route!)

So this is mainly 4.5 hrs of 10 min lum (happy with that) and 55 mins bin 2 colour last night after moonset.

One monitor says too blue, the other too magenta, so please advise!

I love the resolution acheived by the TEC 140. Great, great scope. Atik 400os and EQ6. This is a crop.

Olly

842558602_oX2gK-X2.jpg

I agree that M101 is a merde eating cochon. It looks a silvery blue to me, somehow slightly the wrong colour but not significantly so. If anything I suppose the colour looks a bit weak. A change towards amber at the top of the curve to richen up the centre and a shade more red and green in the mid range. Or not.

Dennis

Archived