Televue Powermate Help

Hello all.

Please could you answer a question for me? I have a SW200 reflector and a SW ED80 refractor scopes with a HEQ5 Pro Mount. I have just bought two Celestron Xcel eyepieces a 12.5mm & 8mm. With my scopes came a SW ED 2" x 2 Barlow. I seem to have some difficulty in focusing and getting a view through the eyepieces with the barlow in both my scopes with the 2" barlow fitted along with any of these eyepieces, there seems to be just a blank dark view and it takes me quite alot of moving my eyes to actualy get a view of Saturn for an example through the eyepiece. I have the 2x 1.5" barlow that came with my scpoes and this seems to work quite well.

I am only new to this hobby and perhaps someone could explain to me the reason for this in layman terms lol?

I am thinking of buying the Televue Powermate 2" x 4 to use with these eypieces and to eventualy do some imaging with my SPC900 webcam through this Powermate. Please could you advise me on this as I don't want to splash out lots of ££££ if this 2" 4x times Powermate if is going to be usless to me?

Kindest regards

Hadyn - IOM

Archived