Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Want to change mount ?

Hi i have a 8" dob and want to change the mount so i can get goto of some sort - can anyone show me the cheapest way to do it i can stretch to about £300 but thats at a stretch

many thanks links are welcome

Due to the weight of your 8inch scope your looking at an EQ5 or CG5 unfortunately for the GO-TO version new, your looking at £455 - Skywatcher - Skywatcher EQ5 PRO Synscan GOTO

So either you'll need to keep saving for a bit or go second-hand, they do come up in the 'for sale' section on SGL. Also on Astro Buy & Sell, like this one for example which is on budget at £300 - U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

Good luck with your search. :)

Cheers

How about selling your current scope and buy an orion XT8i or XT10i.

They are push to. As simple as the one you got, you just plug a controller to the side, do a 2 star alignment and it tells you where to point. You'd keep an easy setup and it only requires a 9v battery.

However the EQ5 will provide tracking too, but you'll need a powerpack and setup time will increase.

Archived