NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fast 8" reflectors?

Has anyone got any experience using fast 8" newts? I was looking at the GSO 8" f/4 from telescope service but can't find many reviews.

I'm on the lookout for a second scope for my dual scope mount and was thinking of a C8. However also in the back of my mind is a newt given the lack of planets at the moment.

Any thoughts? TIA

Was thinking of the alt az, not sure of the weight of the OTA's but if it's under 10kg i'll be ok. Telescope-service do the Orion 8" f/5 version for £200 which seems a bargain. Might keep my eye on astro buy/sell though. The C8 still seems like a good choice though but i think i want that wider field

I did look at the 6" f/5 but the CA might get on my nerves compared to my ED100/ED80

Plus i'm looking for as much aperture as i can get and a cheap newt seems to fit the bill

Saying that just spotted theres a C8 on astro buy/sell for £320....

Not sure, not going to buy anything just yet anyway as im skint till the end of the month

Archived