NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Max download frame-rate for SPC900NC

Dear All,

Not sure which section to post this question in (hope OK here). I have a SPC900NC webcam and until recently have been using it on my USB1.1 laptop. However, I've recently upgraded computer with a PCMCIA USB2.0 card :) I know that SPC900NC is a USB1.1 cam but wonder, now that I have USB2.0 on laptop can I increase frame capture (from 5fps to 10fps) WITHOUT image degradation/ compression etc?

Thanks for any advice/ help,

Nick

Nick

As far as i am led to believe (i could be wrong and not for the first time) 10fps is the optimal frame rate (taking qty & quality into consideration) for lunar and planetary imaging using a webcam.

For the SPC900 10fps is optimal. If you go above that, you will find the image quality starts to degrade. USB 2 cameras can do 60FPS uncompressed - which is why they are used - even though they are expensive :)

Archived