NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mounting a guidescope on a Celestron C6 SCT

This may seem like a silly questions, but I can't find the answer anywhere amongst the forums.

I have a Celstron C6 SCT. I have fitted it with the piggyback camera mount and that works great for putting my DSLR on for wide field views.

Bu what do I do if I want to mount something else, such as a guidescope, or a short refractor for wide field imaging? The obvious thing seems to mount a length of dovetail bar on the other side of the OTA to the existing bar using the same screws through the OTA. Is it that simple? And if so, where do I find a pare Celestron bar? It doesn't seem to be a standard spare.

If I am barking up the wrong tree, how do you mount something on an SCT OTA?

old_eyes

• 5 months later...

No answers on this?

i'm just about to purchase a c6-sgt and guidescope, but can't find c6 sct specific info anywhere. I can see similar info for c8 and c11 tubes, but not the c6.

I'm assuming that they did not leave this out of the c6, but with no one jumping in and saying so, i'm starting to think maybe there is not any screws open (not holding internal components) for adding a dovetail to the top.

anyone? :blob10:

thanks

ron

I couldn't find a way to do this, so I ended up buying a second hand dual mount bar.

I have used it with an 80mm short tube refractor as a guide scope, and my CG5-GT mount manages the bar the two scopes and the two cameras fine.

old_eyes

Archived