Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stacking Sky + Foreground?

fuuuuuu

Hi all,

I want to attempt something like Wallys picture APOD: 2008 September 29 - A True Image from False Kiva

Nothing that good of course! And i know alot of people dont like this sort of thing but i'd like to try it when i go on holiday very soon

How do you go about stacking the background while having the foreground not blured? do you for example set the camera clicking away getting exposures then somehow stack both of them? Or do you need to take lots of exposures without the house/object in the foreground stack those then overlay the foreground on it?

Whats the best way to do it?

Only looking at about 30second exposures as the mrs wont let me take the astrotrac because of the weight ;)

by playing about really... you'll be working with layers so you can adjust everything independently...

Your going to erase the sky from the foreground image and allow your "deeper" sky to show through.. as you said the edges will need careful attention but its not impossible...

Peter...

Peter...

Archived