Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One shot Saturn

Last night was good - no moon (though I do like a bit of moon) , no dew, hardly any cloud and the wife away on a girly weekend in Manchester. Me and the dog really enjoyed the sky. This is just a single exposure (0.8 sec at ISO 800) with a Canon EOS 350 DSLR at prime focus with a 5x Powermate. No astrophoto I know but I'm just amazed at what I got with a single short unprocessed exposure.

post-15108-133877430926_thumb.jpg

Rather similar to what we used to manage to get with one shot film photography - if we were lucky!

Have you tried sharpening it a bit with Registax wavelets or even just unsharp masking in Photoshop?

Thanks Brian but I doubt there is anywhere near enough data there to do much with. I would have stacked multiple short exposures or used the video cam for a better image but was enjoying visual far too much. It just intrigued me what could be achieved with just a simple, single shot.

I doubt there is anywhere near enough data there to do much with.
With your permission:

Clipboard01.jpg

Your image, boxcar mask radius 2, a wee bit of contrast stretch too. Cassini's Division now (just) visible.

Archived