Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hints to using Microsoft ICE

Been messing a lot with MS ICE for image composition and found out a lot as well as some way to help with processing.

1. You can't through your images in a random order to ICE, it will not know how to compose them in the correct order and you will end up in a mess.

It needs to have an order to the files and they really need to be sequencial in the composite order.

Ie your files should be named

Moon0001 - Moon00xx and be in vertical or horizontal lines in that order across the entire image when you present them to ICE.

Simply taking all your images and throwing them at ICE in random orders does not work. Well doesn't for 70+ images.

Now a trick I have found is in Adobe bridge that lets you view your AVI's / images and sort by image modified date and then use the batch processing to rename and copy them to a separate folder in the sequence order file name

Think of a patchwork, you work your way along the image left to right, down and back the other way covering the target. The images need to be named that way.

2. For loads of images / avi's you really need to batch process in registax. See my other threads for a script to help you create these.

3. Do not attempt to save a messed up ICE image to disk. The changes are it is very very large and in my case almost destroyed my hard drive. It was neary 5 terabytes big !!!! :)

Hopefully this was helpful.

I might write a script to rename files in sequence based on the image modified date for those without Adobe Bridge or similar. Shout if you want one.

Cat

Ahaaa...

I completely randomly renamed the 67 frames of my recent mosaic.. some had numbers some single letters some multi letter .. basicaly gobbledygoock file

names

If you leave the camera motion on auto it does go screwy... bits all over the place...

But if you tell it what camera motion to use... I used planar 1 its stacks perfectly...

Peter...

Archived