Observatory Data Wires

Hello All..

I am in the process of planning the wiring needed to go from my workshop to my telescope pier. I would like to be able to control about everything from my workshop if possible via the laptop. The distance will be a little less than 100'.

I already plan on running a conduit specifically for power (20A line, #8) and a seperate conduit for data transfer.

Question... what data wires do you see that I need? I have a 12" LX200 Classic, an Orion ST90 w/ autoguider CCD, microfocuser, and a Canon 40D DSLR. I may want room for another camera control (SBIG?) in the future, but the conduit should allow for that later run.

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ryan:headbang:

stick an SSD netbook in the observatory, and RDP in to that...works really well and then requires only a couple of wires coming out. £99 for the netbook - Job done... plus you have a backup PC for imaging etc, and one that can run a security webcam server system too!

Archived