What next?

Hi all,

Just got my scope last week, and have only had a couple of nights viewing out of it, but tonight was amazing! It was amazing in the sense that I saw Saturn, and was absolutely blown away! (I bought my Dad a scope for Christmas, and even phoned him to let him know where it was, and when I heard Mum in the background exclaiming "I can even see the rings!!!" I knew he'd been blown away too - enough to drag Mum outside in her dressing gown :)) Mars was a little less impressive, just a pea-size white ball. I then had a look at that cloudy nebula in Orion which was fantastic too, and the Pleides which is pretty special.

My problem is, what next? I keep going back to the two or three things I know, and don't know where else to look. Don't get me wrong, I could look at them all night - but I wonder what else is out there. Where do I go next? Have I seen the most impressive sights, or are there many more to look at?

(Also, the dob is giving me a muscle ache in my side and a stiff neck - anything I can do about that?!)

Regards,

cdlftw.

There are loads more things to look at. To name a few there is M57, M27, M81, M82, M31, M36, M37, M38, Double Cluster, and Alberio to name just a few.

Take a look here

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/81493-object-list-indexed-constellation.html

Also download a freeware planetarium called Stellarium, just google it and you will find it.

Doc, that is one fine list, not seen it before, don't suppose there's a PDF of it knocking around anywhere is there, if not i may put it into one and print it off.

I always meant to do one but never got round to it..

Be my guest and do it.

Then maybe post it with mine for all to use.

Archived