Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This may help with eyepieces etc

Hi All

This may help? with understanding you scopes limitations and specs.

For those struggling with a calculator, I have knocked up a spread sheet that calculates focal ratios, scope magnification limits and magnification to eyepiece focal lengths.

All is required is to enter scopes Focal length (sort of how long it is) and aperture (sort of how wide it is), it does the rest for you. Gives focal ratio (speed/f), max magnifications and what magnification you get with different eyepieces from 2mm to 46mm

It is a Microsoft Office format spread sheet so you will need an appropriate program to run it. If you don't have Microsoft Office, do what I did, go to Sun Micro Systems web site and down load Open Office, its FREE and very good.

I can email it to anybody that wants to try it, just send me your email to me via a PM and wait a couple of days while I get around to sending it.

Don't feel bad if you don't need or want it, only took me a hour to build and it was for my own use.

Cheers All

Tim

Ps It is only a guide, the sheet has protected cells, should you wish to change it, the pass word is: EP1234

Archived