Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn, Mars and the Trapezium

riklaunim

Saturn with ~2x Barlow, RGB stack with two sharpening levels of RGB images:

saturn1.png

saturn2.png

And Saturn from about 5000 focal length, few hundred images, strong sharpening to get some shapes:

sat5x.png

With the 2x Barlow I've got also Mars few hours earlyer:

mars21022010.png

And using UHC-S filter, the Orion trapezium - 1 sec exposures, over 600 frames:

trapez.png

Setup: DMK 21, 150/750 SW Newtonian, Lumicon filter selector, Baader RGB, UHC-S.

A very busy collection there, Mars although quite small shows some interesting detail. Love the Trap image DMK's can be used for deep sky with long exposures but many don't bother, complex nebulosity on good display, glad you gave deep space a go with the DMK - would be good for tiny planetary nebs.

JohnH.

Did RGB 2 second exposure shot today:

szhqf6.png

And some photoshop guru did this from my image:

3640914-trapezrev.png

DMK can do long exposures but the noise is getting strong on more that few sec exposures (skyglow hitting 6-bit camera + some camera noise). So it's not that good on Deep Space :eek:

And returning to planets, Saturn moons:

24vi81i.png

Another great set, trapez has strong colour, a light poll'n filter may help with the contrast.

Moons of Saturn in a perfect line and are pretty bright too but Mimas is the tough one as it is so close to Saturn, get that next time.

John.

Archived