NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Here is my M42 after DSS stacked and aligned

Hey all, I wonder if anyone can give some advice on processing the image below. Below is the result of 17 x 15 secs images I took last night using a sc1 webcam getting the frames from the AVI. I ran them through DSS and used a couple of darks as well from last night and the result is as below.

My problem is that using the RGB levels, I can not seem to get the balance right, and using the RGB adjustment in DSS, I can not get the blue to peak like I can the Green and red. I know it is me, but I was wondering if anyone has some advice. I darkened the background as I had some either amp glow or street light radiating into my imaging. Any help is appreciated and image is below. Thanks.

acharris77-albums-my-pictures-picture4223-m42-after-stacking-aligning.jpg

I have seen this a few times when the darks don't match the lights...

I would be inclined to run a test taking continous sequence of darks and look to see how they change from frame to frame with time and temperature...

I know your using a modded webcam but to give an example my 350D takes about 8-10 frames before the dark noise and in particular the ampglow becomes constant... thats when takign 5 mins subs with 90s gaps between them..

If you are seeing a change between them the interleaved darks and lights would be a better option but a PITA to achieve..

Peter...

Archived