Rigel Quickfinder

Hey guys,

Just got my Rigel quickfinder delivered by FLO today along with another few wee bits n bobs, my question is where is the best place to site it on my 10" Skyliner Dobsonian? Is there a good way to align it? I am a complete newby and probably wont be able to test it untill the weekend due to commitments.

Since i got my scope i have unfortunatelly due to lack of time not had the time to do any real use of it except fleeting 20 min moon viewings (without even cooling the scope). Got such itchy feet to get some use so heading to the Highlands this weekend a full evening dedicated to viewing. Will keep you posted on the results.

I have the telrad, which is similar, and I mount it side by side to the RA finder that came with the scope. That way it's easy to use the telrad for most of the hard work locating something, then use the optical finder to do the final adjustment. I do have to bend my neck a bit to look through the telrad.

It's a great finder - I prefer it to the Telrad for a number of reasons. It's also easy to align with the scope (as is the Telrad) - much easier than one of those multi-reticule ones which can be quite a pain.

Archived