Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 31 Jan 2010 00:59

Brinders

Couldn't help but have another go at Mars last night between hail and sleet showers using the Celestron Neximage attached to my Celestron CPC 925 GPS with a Skywatcher 2x ED barlow giving an effective focal length of about f20. I also captured a number of frames using a TAL 2X barlow with the Skywatcher ED barlow, which gave an effective focal lenght of f40. However, while the images on screen looked promising with the larger image, they were rather disappointing after putting them through Registax. For the moment this image is the best I have achieved. I'll keep playing with the larger images and post when I am happy with the result. By the way, snow stopped play at 2:30 am.

449 frames out of 450 stacked in Registax. No other post processing.

post-13640-133877423875_thumb.jpg

Okay,

So here is one of the images taken using my Skywatcher 2" ED barlow and TAL 1 1/4" barlow stacked to give a focal length of f40 after much playing around with stack sizes and processing in Registax 5 and Paintshop Pro X.

Brinders

post-13640-133877424593_thumb.jpg

Archived