Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Auriga IC410 IC405 M38 M36

Spent some time trying to tease the best out of this one, and it doesn't look too bad. I'm especially pleased I managed to record some star colour and not just blue as usually happens. I've started using Nebulosity instead of DSS for stacking and it seems to give me better results.

This was 16 x 3 minute subs with 10 dark frames.

Canon 300D Mounted on HEQ5 Syntrek

No additional guiding.

There was a distinct light pollution gradient that has been mostly removed by PS.

More dark frames next time I think. I can't decide if it looks noisy or there are just so many stars !! What do you think

post-17356-133877422084_thumb.jpg

I can't decide if it looks noisy or there are just so many stars !! What do you think

Used the exposure tool and noise reduction in PS to see if this made the issue clearer but still not sure......... probably six of one and half dozen of t'other. Which ever the case you have captured a nice grouping there.

Thanks for having a go. It looks better for the removal of the remaining light pollution. Maybe I'll have another go soon with more darks. I've got a 300mm lense to try out, I might be able to get a more central framing which would help. This image is a crop from a larger pic.

I like your inclusion of the all important plastic chair in the gear listing!! Maybe I should list my plastic baby changing / anti knee-soaking mat for use when trying to get focusing right !!

Cheers

Richard

Archived