SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear at last!

NaomiH

First clear night since October that I've had chance to go outside and look! Amputational minus 8 deg. C and falling, and my tripod is giving up the ghost (Christmas present replacement temporarily out of stock :)), so just 20 minutes to look at the sky and go "wow" before bits start dropping off!

Still, used the bins to look at the Orion nebula and the Pleiades. Senior daughter over for a visit, came out and looked too. Just wonderful, no macho stuff, just amazement at the beauty out there up above my cosy hobbity Luxembourgish dormitory village.

Hope everyone else who's out there is enjoying it too.

Naomi

Yes thanks Mark, soon warmed up again w. cups of hot tea :) Went out yesterday night too, a quick look at Stellarium and I was able to pick up M78 (Orion is the most visible between the houses right now).

We're keeping the bins on the tripod next to the garden door, so we can rush out when the cloud breaks. If it would only stay clear a bit later we might try to pick out Vesta, but no luck tonight, the snow is finally on its way and the stars are gone :)

Hope all the UK stargazers are OK and not snowed in ...

Naomi

Archived