NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron GOTO cables

Hi, for the celestron nexstar do you need two different cables? I believe that there is a cable that will connect to the handset to allow fancy control from a laptop, but will also allow you to update the firmware and load "self programmed tours" and is there another cable required to update the motor firm ware?? are these two different cables. and how important do you think it is to have them. I am enjoying the motorised handset for its ability to automatically track objects and ease of moving around although I am not using the whole tour features yet as I would prefer to learn the sky myself and leave the touring for later, I am not planning on attaching it to my laptop either coz that just means more equipment and longer set up times etc. Any suggestions/ advice would be great thank you

Tracey

Archived