505 connector

Hi folks, just joined the forum, asI was wrapping the "family" christmas present last night and noticed the small print about needing an additional adaptor to allow the scope to autopoint! I bought the Meade 90mm DS2090at-tc and have called around and can get one but am getting quoited £45. with software or £20. without will the kids 5 & 11 be able to get something out of it without the adaptor in the short term?

Many thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Michael.

If you haven't already done so, download the Free Planetarium software, 'Stellarium'. That will guide you around the sky without the need of a 505 cable. You will need to point the scope yourself though. That's no bad thing, you will learn the sky much better that way.

Merry Xmas to you and your family too.13.gif

Ron.

Thanks for the info is "Astronomiser" A user on the site? I know in other forums i use they have rules about buying /selling to new users like myself. If I could get the cable kit special delivery I would buy it now to be honest.

Michael.

With the cable plugged into the 497 Controller, and his scope configured to the Planetarium software, he can select targets from the map and slew to them. He will need Ascom driver installed of course. There again, there are enough Objects stored in the Handset I suppose. If Michael has a laptop, he made need a USB to Serial adapter too.

Michael, Is this the scope you have by the way?

Ron.

post-13213-133877416518_thumb.jpg

Archived