NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beautiful red sunset! DOH!

GordonCopestake

Theres a fantastic red sunset here, really beautiful. Unfortuantly that means there's clouds...... typical!! My new scope turns up tomorrow and it's been clear for the last 4 days.... New scope and clouds. I sware that there IS something in this new scope curse that goes around.

Theres a fantastic red sunset here, really beautiful. Unfortuantly that means there's clouds...... typical!! My new scope turns up tomorrow and it's been clear for the last 4 days.... New scope and clouds. I sware that there IS something in this new scope curse that goes around.

Don't panic mate, tonight and tomorrow is just a blip in the system, Friday night will be business as usual.

Kain

A couple of nights ago, the sky was partly, er, mostly cloudy, but dark in between the clouds. Tonight, we have a perfectly clear sky, and I can see about a dozen stars, even after I wait outside for half an hour or so, smoking my cigar and looking at Jupiter. Jupiter is always good to look at, but it is so discouraging to try and find anything in skies like this that I wonder why I even bother at all. I went out tonight mainly because I reattached my finders after the accident of a couple weeks ago. I hate drilling holes in an OTA, but I did a pretty neat job. I also covered up the dents with muffler bandage. It looks worse than the dents. I think this OTA is made of steel, it doesn't drill as easily as I'd expect aluminium to.

Thunderstorms tomorrow. Possibly a cold front, and clearer skies. One can but hope. The skies in Scotland were clearer, if not as dark.

Archived