NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

gutted

tinvek

clear skies early evening yesterday (and a power cut so no lights :headbang: ) so had the 10" dob out, the ex comes round to drop my son off and as she's looking through the eye piece at a low moon, the puppy realises we have visitors and bounds up to see her, jumps on the tube and smacks it down hard on the mount above the carry handle. i now have a dent about the size of a 5p piece on the bottom of the tube about 12" forward of the pivot point :D

can't be angry with the dog, he's just doing what puppy's do and how can you be upset with anything that was born on the 40th aniversary of apollo 11 landing on the moon ?

optics don't seem to be affected and even the collimation stayed true but it's a bit depressing to look at it and see a dent :D:(

looking at the clearences i think a piece of pipe lagging could fit over that frame without preventing the tube going verticle so it may be an idea that people want to try

puppy's called ben (no idea why just looked like a ben )

perhaps i should have called him apollo as he's the bigest german shepherd i've ever seen and we've had them as pets since before i was born. trouble is i've got a 4 month old puppy trapped inside an 8 month old body so the potential for disaster is rather large

I got 2 Labradors and both are crazy about people. They have well over a year but there's still a lot of puppy spirit in those 35kg+ bodies!

If the scope works properly don't worry about it. Anyway it sees the most use in the dark and no one can see cosmetics at night!

Archived