Canadian Scopes

Can anyone please help me with a small problem. A relation who lives in Canada near Toronto is looking for a fairly cheap starter scope. The trouble is that the makes are not or at least don`t appear to be the same as here in the UK.So can anyone point me in the direction of what is total junk and something worth looking at for her. She is using a pair of Binoculars just now but gets shaky hands.I have an old Tasco 70mm but the postage to Canada out weighs the price of the scope.

If anyone lives near Brantford and knows of an astronomy group then that would also be a great help.

many thanks.

Warthog is somewhere around Toronto, he gave me a little information about the place a while back. Actually never managed to thank him since I returned. He may well be able to help, or offer advice.

Canada has similar scopes to here, the producers are basically global these days. Will depend on the budget and type wanted as always.

Could try a pm to him but I haven't seen him posting here recently?

Archived