NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ascom focuser drivers for Phidgets interfaces

becafuel

Hello,

I don't know if any of you is using those Phidgets boards, but in case some do, I've developped two drivers for them.

One for the 1060 board, that drives 2 CC motors (PWM mode) and one for the 1062/1063 boards which control stepper motors.

For those who can read french, it's here.

For the others, here are the direct download links :

- 1062/1063 driver

- 1060 driver

The texts inside them are in french, though... If there are needs, then I can create an english version.

The 1060 driver can connect remotely to the board, via the Phidget's webservice. This way, you can control/modify your focus from another PC, which will think it has a focuser connected on.

Be aware, though, that Ascom is a bit old now and does not like the way Phidgets deal with connections/deconnections. So, if you change the connection method, then you should restart the client application before using the focuser; else you will get errors.

I hope this will be useful to you.

Edit: these drivers are .NET drivers and will only work with the latest version of Ascom. Right now, it's 5.5 RC6.

You can get it on the Yahoo group devoted to Ascom, in the "Files" section.

Best regards,

________

Christophe

Archived