NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

quite complicated...

hey all, just had my first spin on my new scope. wow its complicated! the eq3 mount is going to take some time to get my head round me thinks :icon_eek:

managed to get a look at jupiter which was shimmering away and it just looked like a fuzzy ball really. i also managed to spot somekind of satelitte come shooting across the lens managed to track it for a bit but it was a bit too fast. also i think i saw my first dso it was a faint fuzzy grey blob which i couldnt focus on. all in all conditions were Rubbish so i gave up tonight. looking forward to the next clear night so i can give it a proper go. can anyone recommend any good EP's? i would like to get some better views of jupiter etc if poss... my scope SW explorer 150p came with 2 EP's, 10mm and 25mm and a 2x barlow. what magnifications are those sizes capable of? :)

Liam

Your scope haves 750mm focal length, so divide it by the EP focal length and you get magnification. i.e.: for the 10mm EP it's 750/10 = 75x or 150x when you use barlow + 10mm EP.

As for the detail, either seeing was bad or dew formed on the gear. You should get a sharp image of jupiter. I do in decent night with the original EPs I still have on my kit.

Archived