Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO Megrez 72 with Tele Vue 2.5x Powermate

I am in the process of changing my NexStar 6SE for something lighter and more portable. I have decided on the WO Megrez 72 but with its short focal length, I am going to struggle to bump up the magnification for lunar and planetary work. I have a dislike of most Barlows, so it prompts my question:

Has anyone tried the TV 2.5x Powermate with the WO Megrez 72?

Thanks

Tony

Hello Tony.

The Powermates are excellent, but you will still have a very short focal length for planetary work....is this for imaging or visual?

For planetary imaging, you need a much longer FL....many people image at 3 metres FL upwards.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for replying Rob - it's purely visual work I am interested in, but I realise the limitations I will have on the short focal length

My main (existing) eyepieces are WO UWAN 16mm & 7mm - I suppose an alternative to the TV Powermate would be to go for a WO UWAN 4mm. That would make my maximum magnification 108x whereas the Powermate with the 7mm would give me 154x for approximately the same price. Think I'd prefer the 4mm, but then I have no experience with the 4mm or the Powermate . . . .

Wide field will be good though . . .

Cheers

Tony

Archived