Televue Eyepiece Cleaning

flatfootsam

Hi PPL

I know someone who has a Televue Panoptic 19mm eyepiece with a "hair" on the edge inside and also a small "blob" inside halfway between the centre and edge of the lens.

Any suggestions where the piece could be sent for cleaning and at what cost would it likely to be if it is a straightforward clean?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Adrian

I have taken an expensive ep apart for cleaning. It's not for the faint-hearted, and if one of the lenses falls out, you may not know for sure which way it goes back in. I would send any ep that needs inside cleaning to a shop that does it for a living. Cleaning the outside - just follow the instructions given in the Televue link.

Hi Warthog

I have now bought the ep so it is on its way to me. I believe the hair and blob is on the outside of the lens but inside the adapter end. If thats the case I will do it myself, but if its actually on the inside I would prefer that aomeone competant did it. Any idea who cleans ep's for a living as i've had no luck in finding anyone other than sending it back to the States as some dealers have suggested.

Adrian

Archived