NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6992 in HST palette

GordonH

Hi all

I have managed to complete the third and final part of my Veil nebula project, this is NGC6992 in the HST palette, unfortunately I was not able to get as much data as I would have liked for the OIII and SII channels due to weather and now the object is too low where I live to do any more. It is made up from 18x10 minutes Ha, 12x10 minutes OIII and 7x10 minutes SII. It was taken with the Takahashi BRC-250 and Starlight Xpress H36 on a Paramount ME with autoguiding done by a Lodestar. The other two components can be seen on the nebulae 2 page of the image gallery of my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Gordon

post-13589-133877403049_thumb.jpg

Hi Toby

Thanks for the comments, I am very pleased with the results and the way that my imaging is going at present especially as I have only recently started using autoguiding. We all have to start somewhere and I am sure that as you continue to do imaging your images will improve very quickly, take a look at the earlier images on my site that were basically taken with the same equipment, I have learnt a lot through trial and error and getting advice on the forums but above all there is one skill that all astro imagers must possess and that is patience

Best wishes

Gordon

Archived