How do i adjust Megrez 90 Focuser Tension?

As per title, setup for my first ever imaging session and pointed at Vega to obtain focus and my 5D is heavy enough that the focuser extends fully. I cant for the life of me work out how to adjust the tension on it?!?

The internet seems to say you can but i cant find instructions!

Not sure if the 90 is the same...

but on the underside of the WO66 is a small allen key grub screw type thing that needs to be tweaked to increase the friction.. remember this is mainly how a crayford works...

There should also be a locking nut somewhere.

The 5D is a heavy beast though and you may get some flexure anyway, depending on lengths of ext. tubes and solidity of attachment.

Steve

Are you sure? On the 66 the main tension control is under the focusser. It consists of a small back finger wheel (which serves as a lock nut) and withn it a small allen screw. You slacken the finger nut, gently add pressure by tightening the allen screw a little and then hold that setting wth the key while you tighten the locknut. As usual with locknuts the effect of tightenening them is to pull the screw back up a little so reducing the friction.

The other relevant adjustment, which helps stop the drawtube sliding, is to add a little pressure to the friction pads usually via little domed allen bolts.

Olly

Archived